Lovin’ Reem

I’m totally in love with this year’s Reem Acra bridal collection, which includes this absolutely gorgeous strapless satin full-skirted gown with embroidered bow detailing on a multi seamed bodice. While some of the gowns contain slightly risqu elements – can you say plunging neckline? – they are, for the most part, extremely tasteful and highly detailed without resorting to tackiness.

The model, however, I could do without. She looks as if she just got off of a month-long bridal magazine binge and is about to announce to her bridal party that anyone who can’t follow her directions will be shot on sight.

9 Responses to “Lovin’ Reem”

1. Sonja says:

Not to mention that the model looks closer to the age of the average flower girl, rather than the average bride.

2. Annalucia says:

Indeed that is a problem with most of the fashion models whom the Annalucia sees in the photographs; they look as though they wish to bite those who are looking at them. In some cases this is perhaps justified, considering the ugliness of much of what is modeled on the runway these days.

The dress in the above photo is quite lovely, needing only to lose the silly blue bow, and perfect for the young lady of exquisite figure. The Annalucia, she could not have worn it on the best day of her life, but then she has been married for 27 years and her taste in wedding garments is not germane to the discussion.

3. Never teh Bride says:

The bow does indeed remind one of the Christmas decoration, though I find it almost unobtrusive. Almost.

4. toad says:

Some explain to me the uhm, hair style?

5. Never teh Bride says:

Perhaps, toad, the hair ‘style’ is the result of a drunken stylist? Perhaps that can account for her visage of wrath?

6. Lori says:

I like the clean lines and beadwork of the collection, but the bodices could provide a bit more coverage. I’d feel uncomfortable wearing a shirt with such a plunging neckline or bare back even at a club!

7. Tania says:

This model is the child bride who has refused to consent to marry her 50-year-old suitor in an arranged marriage, and so she has been kept in the basement with only a fork to comb her hair with, and this is the look she gives the tailor when they go down there to fit her for her gown.

8. special k says:

did I ever tell you that I worked at Kleinfeld Bridal in New York? probably not. they do/did sell Reem Acra, among other things. your post just reminded me of that. http://www.kleinfeldbridal.com and I actually just clicked over there to look and learned that they moved to Manhattan! when I worked there, the store was located in Brooklyn. just a few bits of random trivia. ps – the site looks great! and happy belated birthday! 🙂 x

9. Never teh Bride says: