Thoroughly Modern Matrimony

Plastic!

For the highly modern (or as us hip kids like to say, mod) bride, artist and designer Alissia Melka-Teichroew has created a line of acrylic, um, diamonds.

Highly hip!

Here’s how they look on the finger of the bride, post ceremony. In this case, the future husband has chosen the clear acrylic “diamond” engagement ring and the couple has decided to go for the non-traditional acrylic “ruby” wedding band with “diamond” accent.

I don’t know how I feel about this particular look, but I’m sure when we all have flying cars and robots doing our housework, anyone who isn’t sporting high quality acrylic matrimonial bling is going to feel pretty darn silly.

7 Responses to “Thoroughly Modern Matrimony”

1. Lori October 24, 2005 at 12:56 pm #

Forget everything I said the other day about not trading up.

2. Never teh Bride October 24, 2005 at 1:16 pm #

I know plenty of girls who wouldn’t hesitate to ‘trade up’ their beaus if they were to offer such a Cracker Jack-esque bauble.

3. Mary October 24, 2005 at 6:41 pm #

Huh, no prices on the site.

Considering the wanna be “modness” of these rings I fear they would not be any cheaper than a humble gold ring- which is far superior. Yuck.

4. JayKay October 25, 2005 at 4:26 pm #

Why is it that most of the silver ones look like weapons?

If I remember correctly, kids at my high school were not allowed to bring these to class!

5. Never teh Bride October 25, 2005 at 6:08 pm #

Why buy her only the engagement ring when you can buy her the engagement brass knuckles?

6. Alissia October 26, 2005 at 10:15 am #

Hi there, the prices aren’t high for the acrylic…check em out at the MOMA store: http://www.momastore.com (aprox. $10.00 a ring).

thx for all the comments :-D ++ALISSIAmt++

7. Twistie February 5, 2006 at 3:24 pm #

All I can say is I wouldn’t want one of these. They look like they came out of the bottom of a box of Cracker Jack!