You may now kiss the dolphin…

I really, really, really wish I had a photo to go with this, but the only one I’ve seen is mucho tiny. But I had to share this anyway! According to a report published in Ynetnews, a 41-year-old millionaire from London recently married a 35-year-old dolphin in a traditional wedding ceremony. Um, as traditional as it could get, anyhow. Ynetnews reported:

The groom, a resident of the Eilat dolphin reef, met Tendler 15 years ago, when she first visited the resort. The British rock concert producer took a liking to the dolphin and has made a habit of traveling to Eilat two or three times a year and spending time with her underwater sweetheart.

And so on Wednesday afternoon, the thrilled bride, wearing a white dress, walked down the dock before hundreds of astounded visitors and kneeled down before her groom, who was waiting in the water.

Cindy, escorted by his fellow best-men dolphins, swam over to Tendler and she hugged him, whispered sweet nothings in his ear, and kissed him in front of the cheering crowd.

After the ceremony was sealed with some mackerels, Tendler was tossed into the water by her friends so that she could swim with her new husband.

Alrighty then…

10 Responses to “You may now kiss the dolphin…”

1. JayKay says:

I really wish I had a snappy comment for this one but all I can think is WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?!?!?!?!?!
    Seriously, the “more money than brains” syndrome strikes again….

2. Megaera says:

Wow…I’m pretty sure that this was the plot to a mystery novel by Sharyn McCrumb…

3. Annalucia says:

Surely, surely this is the spoof article. The male dolphin is named “Cindy” and, from the article:

“Tendler said she and her newly wed husband will probably spend their wedding night bowling.”

No, no: this story is the creation of the publicity agent.

4. Never teh Bride says:

If I were a rich man…dah dah dah dah dah dah dah dah dah dah dum!

5. Derfel says:

Dolphins are getting married, and you aren’t yet? Definition of sad right there, isn’t it?

6. Tungsten says:

Let’s check the ol’ Book of Revelation, shall we? Hmmm. Signs of the Apocalypse . . . there is something about “rains of fish” in here. Maybe that’s a mispring. “Dames and fish,” perhaps?

I’ll start stockpiling the holy water.

7. Never teh Bride says:

Well, Knows, I suppose that depends on whether one wants to marry any old fish that comes along or one is waiting for the right one!

8. Dont hurry love says:

She needs to be more selective-

I mean there are always more fish in the sea. . .

Ba Dum Bing!