Nice Threads

Ladylike threads all the way

I’m not a huge fan of the whole chocolate with baby blue fad. It’s…interesting, but I’ve never once been able to pull it off. But my point is moot because this beautiful floor length duchess satin bridesmaid dress from Thread Bridesmaids comes in twenty-one other color combinations – most of which are much more pleasing to my eye. It can be had in a range of sizes, beginning at 0 and ending at 22. Being busty, I’m always a little wary of the low crossover v-necks, but my inhibitions vanish when I know I can order up and alter down. Finding a bra to go underneath would be a challenge, though. Sigh…

11 Responses to “Nice Threads”

That’s a gorgeous dress, NtB. I’ve always loved that neckline because it’s one of the few in which I look like I have breasts! LOL!

With you on the chocolate and baby blue, though. Not a combo I care much for.

2. Never teh Bride says:

I’ve never understood how it became popular, Twistie. Blue and brown together brings to mind old lady housedresses.

3. patient one says:

I think the idea is that they are a warmer version of the classic black and white combination. I’m not sure how I feel about a brown formal.

As far as bra choice goes I would recommend a front clasp, deep plunge. You could go strapless if your worried about revealing bra staps, but I find I’m always tugging stapless bras back up into place.

4. I love the chocolate brown and pastel combos. I think they are all so lovely, except perhaps for brown and pale yellow, but looks a little odd.

I think that is a gorgeous dress, and I love the fact that the satin doesn’t look like that cheap satin most bridesmaids dresses are made of. But at $280, it had better not look cheap!

5. Phyllis says:

Well I think this color combination is like Cilantro – you either like or you don’t – although I do believe dark brown in general is flattering to more skins tones than black.

6. Magpie says:

I actually wore a very similar dress from Thread to my brother’s wedding last fall (same top half, shorter skirt) and didn’t even have to shop for a special bra to go with. An everyday bra that I already had and that was was a little plungey did the trick. I did have to have it altered, but because I’m short-waisted, not because my bustiness was a problem fit-wise.

My SIL specified a color and then let us pick a style among what Thread had to offer, but this dress would have worked well on all 4 ‘maids even though we have wildly varying body types.

7. with DD boobs, I ain’t going anywhere NEAR something that says “plunge” in the title….Lol

8. ooh and I’d love to see it in Blackberry!

9. Ninjarina says:

Magpie, that idea your SIL had is great. I think as long as the colour-scheme fits, it’s usually cool b/c I’ve seen some awkward-looking dresses. It also looks much better at a shorter length b/c this dress looks like it’s engulfing the model.

10. Magpie says:

Dataceptionist — I’m a DD too and it wasn’t an issue. It was a little boobtastic but with DDs anything would be. đŸ˜€