My rings! My rings!

Last night, my engagement rings came in the mail. Have you ever tried to take a picture of something as small as a ring with a older model digital camera and no photographic skills? You end up with a flash of light with a hint of gold in it as opposed to anything that might resemble jewelry. Or, at least, that’s what I ended up with.

So instead of showing you a photo of my actual topaz ring, I will now show you a ring that sort of resembles it…if you picture it in your mind and make some slight modifications.

Emerald and Princess Cut Blue Topaz, 14Kt. Yellow Gold. Swiss Blue Topaz Fancy Ring

Start withswiss blue topaz and yellow gold ring. Then take away all of the smaller gems. Finally, turn the large topaz 90 degrees. There, that’s my ring!

Now I’m thinking of buying some simple earrings to match…how about these?

14K Yellow Gold Genuine Emerald-cut Blue Topaz Earrings

7 Responses to “My rings! My rings!”

1. Painterly February 21, 2007 at 2:01 pm #

That is so gorgeous! How are you going to decide which ring to wear? Of course, I love labradorite too (it’s from my country after all :-)

2. Twistie February 21, 2007 at 2:33 pm #

Wow! That’s lovely! And yes, do get the earrings. They’re so very pretty.

3. C* February 21, 2007 at 2:38 pm #

Love it! That is a gorgeous ring. I too have my center stone (an asscher cut diamond) set at a 90 degree tilt and I LOVE it. :) And get the earrings. They are lovely.

4. Dataceptionist February 21, 2007 at 6:42 pm #

AS before me, beautiful and yes. : )

5. kitten February 22, 2007 at 1:08 pm #

you should have someone take a photo of your hand while you’re wearing the ring. it will be small, but still fun to see! i’ve heard that you can take a good close-up photos of jewelry through a jeweler’s loupe, if you have one you can borrow.

6. Never teh Bride February 23, 2007 at 2:06 pm #

Thanks, all! And thank you, kitten, for your photographic advice. I’ll have to give that a try :-)

7. kevin February 24, 2007 at 3:07 am #