From Russia, with cake

I must warn you…ahead you’ll see some photos of some fabulously designed and rendered cakes. But they aren’t from “around here,” as one might say. I found them on English Russia via Metafilter yesterday and was just so tickled that I had to share them. I don’t know who made them, but I think they are stunning nonetheless.

bistrocake.jpg
pepsicake.jpg

singercake.jpg
tirecake.jpgtoothcake.jpg
eiffelcake.jpg

I suppose I ought to apologize that none of these cakes have anything to do with weddings, but I could see the tire cake and the Pepsi cake as passable groom’s cakes.

7 Responses to “From Russia, with cake”

And strangely, I find myself confronted by these clear masterpieces of the culinary arts and all I can think of is to wonder how the hell you cut a piece of some of them! LOL! I mean, they’re awesome in the extreme, but if you cut a slice of the Eiffel Tower cake, the whole thing might collapse. And the sewing machine would be even worse to know where to begin.

Nevertheless, I stand in awe of the effort and imagination required to come up with these, let alone execute them so well.

2. Bridezilla says:

That Pepsi cake is genius! You’re right, it’d be perfect for a groom’s cake.

3. Sarah says:

It says on the site that they’re made by Zhanna of St. Petersburg, whoever that is.

Probably more interesting for you, NtB, is the cake at the top of the page. It’s actually a very detailed replica of a Russian marriage certificate!

The sewing cake is cute, probably for a birthday. FYI, the message reads “To our favorite girl, Nyusa!”

4. Tungsten Monk says:

Oh my . . . absolutely gorgeous, especially the top one. I wonder if it’s edible?

5. Never teh Bride says: