Dual-level skirts: Yay or nay?

This is why weddings and yard work do not mix

I can help but feel bad for this poor bride…firstly because some circumstance forced her to have to cut the lawn on the day of her nuptials and secondly because her dress was mangled in the spinning blades of the mower.

12 Responses to “Dual-level skirts: Yay or nay?”

1. JaneC says:

My sister-in-law’s wedding dress from the early 90s featured a mini skirt and a detachable train, which I suppose might qualify as a dual-level skirt. Even when I was 10 I thought it was hideous.

2. Nariya says:

You know… I wouldn’t wear it, nor would I recommend it to a friend, but that being said, I’ve seen worse things and it’s certainly not your average wedding look. If there were a way to do a “dual-level skirt” (what a great technical term!) without it looking so costumey…

I have yet to see that happen though!

I’ve seen a few dual-level skirts that I thought were pretty on the right woman, but there’s just nothing right about this one. The skirt looks like it’s been hacked up randomly, the entire design seems to be composed of ‘let’s make the skirt different lengths,’ and there’s not one ounce of panache to be seen.

I vote a big no to this one.

4. Blake says:

Looks like the mower accidentally bludgeoned her knees, too.

5. Ninjarina says:

is this some hideous homage to Madonna’s “Like A Virgin?”

I can’t have been the only one to have had that imagery.

6. Pencils says:

SerenityNow–I immediately thought of “November Rain.” Stephanie Seymour has/had some amazing legs, though, so if anyone were going to wear one of those, she’s the one.

Still, I think they’re hideous. They just look half-finished. If some designer can come up with a way to make them look “finished,” I’d love to see it.

7. Leah says:

This kind of dress always makes me think of the convertable outfits my Barbie had. Like, the daytime Flight Attendant look, night time Swinging Single look. I always thought it would be so economical to have actual clothes like that.
    I think there’s a lot of humor in this dress, and the woman who wears this at her wedding must have a very large personality to over come THE DRESS (which can be the case with many wedding dresses, even more classic ones). This is the right dress for SOMEONE. Although she might wear purple patent leather shoes and some matching streaks in her hair, rather than the more traditional accessories above.

8. talda says:

it looks like one of those mentos commercials…like how the guy sits on the bench with wet paint and then paints pinstripes on after he realizes his mistake. this could be one. she has a tear on her way to the wedding, then decides to get creative and rips the rest off to reveal this. and ta da! new edgy wedding dress. especially with that smirk she’s got on.

9. Abby says:

Nay. I’m embarrassed for her and she’s just the model.

The combination of fabrics is cute though.

10. Lisa says:

It’s the mullet of the wedding world. Horrid!

11. Ahahaha, you are SO right, Lisa!