LOVE/HATE: The It’s a Long Story Edition

Longinvitation is long:

awesome-wedding-invitation

Omg, LOVE.

What say you?

24 Responses to “LOVE/HATE: The It’s a Long Story Edition”

1. De June 18, 2009 at 8:25 am #

OMG is right. I LOVE THIS and need to have one done for myself. I think I might. LOL, just so I’ll have one.

2. Melissa B. June 18, 2009 at 9:29 am #

This is adorable. Love!

3. Vismajor June 18, 2009 at 9:30 am #

Definitely LOVE. I’m totally stealing this idea for… something, don’t know what yet… for my husband. Maybe a poster as an anniversary gift? Maybe a renew-the-vows invitation someday?

People love a good story with a happy ending. Why not give it to them in the invitation? :)

4. Toni June 18, 2009 at 9:55 am #

LOVE!

Well written, and entertaining. Plus, without even knowing the couple, I want to be their friends.

5. Lee June 18, 2009 at 10:20 am #

*Completely* awesome, both the story and the design work.

6. Kate June 18, 2009 at 10:31 am #

I’d love to have the wedding that this invitation suggests – fun, fairly casual, stylish, personal, good-humored.

7. Twistie June 18, 2009 at 10:43 am #

See? If I’d had the mad invitation-designing skillz back in the day, I might have done something very like this! Of course it would have played merry havoc with our mailing budget, but some things are worth splurging on. Invitations have never been one of those things for me, before, but for this…yeah.

It’s not for everyone, obviously, but I kind of love it to tears.

8. Sarah June 18, 2009 at 11:05 am #

Love it! Also seems like it would be appreciated by everybody. Relatives who may not know the couple very well get filled on in their story, while good friends get to laugh and go “Yeah, I remember that!”

9. La BellaDonna June 18, 2009 at 11:35 am #

I think this is just freaking fabulous.

And yes, I want to be their friend.

(Also, Wilmington, Delaware? I could totally have stalked them and thrown rice!)

10. MissPinkKate June 18, 2009 at 11:37 am #

Too long. No love.

11. Linda June 18, 2009 at 11:41 am #

I love it!

12. kate June 18, 2009 at 12:15 pm #

Love it. And it makes me wonder how many miles my husband and i racked up before (and after…) our wedding.

13. angela June 18, 2009 at 12:23 pm #

you know what kills me? the “dinner and dancing and eternity to follow.” d’awwwww!

14. Elaine June 18, 2009 at 1:05 pm #

LOVE! Sounds a little like my story. I’ll have to remember this idea.

15. Shell June 18, 2009 at 1:57 pm #

LOVE, absolutely. This is ~personal~, not stamped out generic paper goods from a warehouse somewhere!

16. Kathy June 18, 2009 at 5:24 pm #

LOVE. So much. Hats of f to whoever came up with the idea AND whoever carried it out.

17. Kathy June 18, 2009 at 5:24 pm #

And I mean off…not of f…whatever that means.

18. Fort Myers Photographer June 18, 2009 at 8:28 pm #

This has to be the best invitation I’ve ever seen. I love it!

19. Glinda June 19, 2009 at 4:23 pm #

Fantastic!

I’m jealous I never came up with the idea for my wedding!

20. Johanna June 20, 2009 at 4:16 pm #

This is probably why I should stop reading this blog after the wedding. Too many great ideas to love and then be jealous and bummed I didn’t come up with it! Though I hope I’ll remember this is not a contest, never want to stop.

Right now I was just starting to think about the invitations and might or might not steal this a little. ;)

21. carrot June 22, 2009 at 2:52 pm #

Voice of dissent! This particular example is well-done, but these too-personal, too-long invitations are usually embarrassing and annoying. If I don’t know you well enough to know already, I don’t WANT to know. I’ve seen examples of these that included the charming tale of the bride who gave the groom a deadline for proposing, or the saga of the on-again-off-again daters who finally decided to be on-again. They’re just plain self-indulgent. I read enough novels, thanks, just tell me the date and the location.

22. Kate June 24, 2009 at 10:43 am #

Don’t love. Too long and confusing. I’m sure I can hear the couple’s story at the reception!

23. lillie August 14, 2009 at 10:53 pm #

Wow CARROT, with your attitude I’m surprised you actually get invited to weddings.

24. Sara February 19, 2010 at 4:17 pm #

I want to purchase these invites… anyone know how??