LOVE/HATE: The ‘Kill It With Fire’ Edition

furry-wedding-dress

Love… hate. Love? Hate?

Ha ha, just kidding. How loudly can a gal yell “Hate!” anyhow? I mean, what the hell was St. Pucchi thinking? Hmmm, we’ve succeeded in creating the dowdiest wedding dress ever, but just how can we really dull it down even more? I know! Let’s wrap a dead animal around the midsection and the arms, just to give it that extra bit of width every bride craves. This is one time I simply cannot blame the bridal model for looking less than thrilled.

What say you?

9 Responses to “LOVE/HATE: The ‘Kill It With Fire’ Edition”

1. Twistie August 13, 2009 at 10:47 am #

I look at this and can’t help imagining the designer sitting there cackling “they’re tired of strapless and want sleeves? I’ll give them some sleeves and that’ll larn ‘em! Mwahahahaaaaaa!!!!”

2. La BellaDonna August 13, 2009 at 12:02 pm #

*sigh* The best I can muster on its behalf is “Well. Um. At least the needs of pregnant brides who plan to marry in BLIZZARDS is being addressed by this functional if somewhat dowdy ensemble.”

Or it’s supposed to be the mascot for some sports team currently unknown to me. The Seattle Yetis? Really, this seems to be striving for Epic Fail, and I have room in my heart for a LOT of off-center styles.

3. Skittles August 13, 2009 at 12:04 pm #

Oh, dear Lord! I think they make anti-mildew spay for just such occasions.

4. Toni August 13, 2009 at 12:34 pm #

For a minute I didn’t realize that the second photo was simply cropped at the neck, and thought that it was an incredibly inconvenient headcovering/large hat/hood thing.

5. Kristin August 13, 2009 at 2:17 pm #

This does nothing to alleviate my gut feeling that at least some designers, some of the time, are engaged in an elaborate double-dog-dare to see what they can convince people to pay money for.

Also, can she even move her arms? Siberian gulag bride?

6. SusanC August 13, 2009 at 4:09 pm #

Hello there, Mrs. Yeti!

7. Twistie August 13, 2009 at 6:04 pm #

You know, LaBellaDonna, I’m not much of a sports fan, but I would totally root my tushie off for the Seattle Yetis.

8. Caitlin August 14, 2009 at 10:38 am #

I say YUCKKK… sometimes I just don’t understand “fashion”

9. La BellaDonna August 26, 2009 at 1:34 pm #

Twistie, all I can say is that I really, really hope they use Skittles’s anti-mildew spay. For one thing, Seattle is pretty damp. For another, I really don’t want to see that thing reproducing.