Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/brides/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/StandardTheme_20/admin/functions.php on line 229
Little White Dress | Manolo for the Brides

LOVE/HATE: The ‘Little White Dress’ Edition

We’ve all heard of the “little black dress,” but how about the little white dress? The little white dress might be a bride’s main wedding dress or it could be the dress she changes into before arriving at the wedding reception. Obviously the little white dress is best suited to weddings that are perhaps a tad less formal or at the very least a tad less somber. It is not, in other words, for the grand church wedding with the full Mass.

little-white-dress

Amsale seems to have pioneered the little white dress concept, or at least to have taken the idea to the next level by creating an entire collection of them in one place. Too bad all of the little white dresses are so much like other wedding dresses in that they have no sleeves, there are a lot of strapless necklines, and the bride would have to be quite slim to pull most of them off. Alas.

But even with all these strikes against them, I LOVE these little white dresses! They’re quite fun and fresh and a little cheeky in that they take the bride into the realm of the unexpected. That’s what I say — what say you?

(image via)

7 Responses to “LOVE/HATE: The ‘Little White Dress’ Edition”

1. Denise September 3, 2009 at 12:36 pm #

Alfred Angelo has a collection of little white dresses too. There’s about 9 of them.

2. Twistie September 3, 2009 at 4:26 pm #

I say these are great for a less than formal wedding, a wedding afterparty, or a reception dress if one is wanted or required.

Like you, I would love to see more sleeves, but at least we’re starting to see a lot of shoulder straps and halters again, which are at least somewhat more bra-friendly (save for the spaghetti straps) than strapless.

Look! A couple of them have actual necklines!!!!

3. carrot September 4, 2009 at 9:45 pm #

LOVE. You won’t trip over your hem and you can show off your shoes–and your legs. I’d never have a formal wedding anyway and have no desire to be or look like a princess, or a cake. I especially like the bottom row, third from left.

4. Fabrisse September 6, 2009 at 8:42 pm #

One of my favorite wedding looks is the dress Sophia Loren wore at the end of Houseboat. It was short with three quarter sleeves. I wish there were more options like it and these.

5. amanda September 7, 2009 at 2:50 am #

Great blog topic, does Vera Wang have a little white number in her collection?

6. Jess September 11, 2009 at 1:11 am #

Love. Don’t love how they are still $$$ at least for me.