Something Different To Carry When You Marry

I can’t get enough of these awesome alternative bridal bouquets crafted by Design Whimsy. Each is custom made for the bride (or bridesmaid) who will carry it in the wedding, and almost all are made with far more ribbons, feathers, and brooches than flowers, if in fact they include any flowers at all! Check these out:

feather bouquet

ribbon bouquet

brooch bouquet

purple bouquet

bridesmaids bouquets

small bridal bouquet

I love them and wish I’d known about them when I was getting married. I made my own bridal bouquet and was extremely proud of the results of my efforts, but I’d have been equally happy letting someone else do the work. The prices on these vary quite a bit due to differing materials costs, but from what I can tell they’re generally reasonably priced. All in all, they’re a neat alternative to traditional floral bridal bouquets.

Like what you see? You can view a lot more Design Whimsy creations here!

6 Responses to “Something Different To Carry When You Marry”

1. JRM says:

Oh, my god, these are fabulous! My mom made my bouquet – I really wish she’d seen some of these ideas, too, because they’re just stunning!

2. Kai Jones says:

While I loved my flowers, I would have adored a brooch and satin bouquet like these and would still be displaying it!

Wow, NtB! These are spectacular! And having looked at the site, I have to say the prices are pretty darn good for this much style and individuality.

4. Margo says:

It’s been a long time and a lot of novelty cake-toppers since I’ve seen a bridal craft that’s really made my jaw drop with admiration. These bouquets are gorgeous, and would be wonderful heirlooms, too. (And I hate the ready-made heirloom crap with a vengeance, but these are wonderful objet d’art.

5. Kristin says:

I love that last one, especially–it’s so beautiful. And I’m so allergic to flowers, it would probably be worth it for me to carry a non-flower bouquet and skip the Benadryl.

6. La BellaDonna says:

The flowers are just beautiful. I think I’d want my to have a place of honor on either a coat, or a hat, or SOMETHING, so that I could show it off later!

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL … I WANT!