I had totally intended to do a pre-wedding post about the Chelsea Clinton nuptial extravaganza, but I think I just got bored reading over and over again about how her Astor Court wedding will cost a zillion dollars and isn’t that irresponsible and this or that political bigwig is hurt because she’s not invited and oh em gee isn’t Chelsea skiiiiiiny! But in case any of you haven’t been following the former first-daughter’s wedding plans, here’s a sampling of links to wet your appetite for tomorrow’s celebration.
- According to the proverbial “insider,” the food will include vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free dishes.
- How do you explain this bridal bacchanal to the folks in Haiti, who could use that $3 million and the oversized air-conditioned tent?
- An insider provided us these exclusive photos of Astor Court—the palatial mansion serving as the venue—plus some inside information.
- Does it say something horrible about us that we desperately desire to see Chelsea’s wedding? I don’t think so.
- So, just what does it take to score an invitation to the hottest — not to mention most secretive — political wedding of the summer?
- Chelsea Clinton is possibly going overboard with her pre-wedding exercise regime, having been spotted going to the gym avidly over the past week in an attempt to get trim.
- It’s been reported that both President Barack Obama (and wife Michelle—we can’t wait to see what she wears) and Oprah Winfrey are amongst the 500 invitees.
- When the guests arrive, they’ll tell the front desk the room number they were assigned and will get their room key.
I actually feel quite sorry for Chelsea Clinton with regard to her wedding – imagine having to invite scads and scads of your mother and father’s political cronies to satisfy obligations that aren’t even your own. Bleah. It’s bad enough that so many brides and grooms end up inviting people they’ve never met in the form of their mom’s colleagues or their dad’s bowling team.