For the Out of the Box Bride, Papilio

It isn’t often than I love everything about a wedding dress, but I have just been staring and staring at this beautiful gown from Papilio every since I first laid eyes on it. Papilio is a Russian wedding dress designer that has come out with some gorgeous and original ideas in the past few years. Looking through their catalog, I was struck by how many of their wedding dresses didn’t fall into the standard white strapless ballgown trap. But this one is definitely by far my favorite model among their 2010 offerings.

Isn’t that just scrumptious? I’m not saying it would actually flatter me, but by golly, if I saw it in a bridal salon you can bet your sweet bippy I’d be trying it on first.

6 Responses to “For the Out of the Box Bride, Papilio”

1. Isabel January 3, 2011 at 8:44 am #

OMG i just love those wedding dress! it is so beautiful! Simple and romantic, haven’t seen anything so lovely never before! Thanks for posting!

2. Kai Jones January 3, 2011 at 2:14 pm #

Love the dress, love the sweet-faced smiling model even more.

3. Ithaca flower delivery January 6, 2011 at 5:37 am #

Wow!Absolutely gorgeous wedding dress,She is looking prices.

4. Chicklet January 7, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

Stunning. For one thing, it’s ivory, which is flattering to more women than white is.

5. Nikki January 15, 2011 at 11:29 pm #

Wow! Where can I buy this dress?? Anyone know??

6. Christa Terry January 17, 2011 at 12:58 pm #

@Nikki Huh. Normally I’d recommend checking out Papilio’s web site – there is usually a store finder. But I can’t even figure out how to get the web site in English, so that’s a wash. I would suggest calling upscale bridal boutiques you have access to and asking if they carry this label or have access to it. While I’m a big fan of buying online (I got my own wedding dress online) I wouldn’t recommend buying a Papilio gown that way because there are too many people selling fakes.