LOVE/HATE: The Surface Tension Edition

Wedding bubbles, as photographed by Paul Craig Weddings of the UK

Simple LOVE/HATE today… let’s get the lowdown on wedding bubbles. I know beyond a doubt that the two-year-old La Paloma is always delighted to attend a wedding ceremony or reception that includes wedding bubbles, much like the little one in the photo above. But I’m wondering what the average adult thinks about blowing bubbles at weddings. Is it fun? Pointless? Should couples just stop buying those little bottles of soap, or are you more likely to shout “Bring on the bubbles!”? Me? I like them because my daughter likes them, but prior to procreating, I don’t think I ever cracked open a bottle of wedding bubbles.

7 Responses to “LOVE/HATE: The Surface Tension Edition”

1. The Jananator says:

Hate. I’m not going to poo poo anyone who wants them at their wedding, but I think they’re kind of stupid and childish, as favors go (good for weddings with kids, I guess). What am I going to do with bubbles, of all things? I bet most of them get thrown out, maybe more than brides want to admit.

2. Lisa says:

We’re in our 30s and Christian, which means most of our friends have been married for 5+ years and have more than 2 kids ….which translates into almost half of our guests being kids. I think we pretty much have to have bubbles.

3. Lou says:

Unbeknownst to me, my aunts had given all the children who attended our wedding bubbles before the ceremony. After the ceremony as my husband and I were walking back down the aisle all the kids blew bubbles at us. I thought is was wonderful! Like a play on the throwing of rice.

4. Ripley says:

I will always love to blow bubbles and be happy about it.

5. casablanca says:

My aunt surprised us with a bubble send-off which gave us some lovely photos but which I was a little annoyed about. The soapy bubbles left residue in my hair, on my dress, on my shoes, and gave me hives on my arms. I would never EVER have chosen to have them of my own volition, but it was a nice gesture and as I said, the pictures are fun.

6. Zee says:

I chose bubbles for my wedding after watching a friend get pelted by bags of birdseed- yes, the complete little bags that were handed out, rather than having the birdseed removed from the bag to be thrown. While it was a comedic gesture, it still looked painful. But with bubbles, no one gets pelted with anything. I’d rather have soapy residue on the ride back to the hotel than a bruise all through my honeymoon.

7. Fin says:

I’ve been to numerous weddings where we blew bubbles instead of throwing rose petals. It made for amazing photos and we all had fun blowing them. I tell you, grown-ups LOVE bubbles (even if some don’t dare admit it). Come on, let out your inner child. You know you want to 😉